Psalm 51 is David’s prayer for forgiveness.
- What does verse 1 reveal about the occasion of this Psalm? If needed review the circumstances of David’s sin in 2 Samuel 11-12.
- In this Psalm we see David’s deep personal feelings, but we also know that the chapter is inspired by God. What use can we make of this chapter? Why do you think God preserved it for us?
- In verse 3-5, on what basis does David appeal to God for cleansing from sin? What does he say about God, and what does he say about himself?
- How do verses 7-12 help us see what David was feeling when he was guilty of his sins.
- Once restored to God what does David desire to do? 13-15. Why are these things done AFTER restoration?
- According to verse 6, 16, and 17 what does God really want from people?
- What does David ask God to do at the end of Psalm?
Answer any of these questions, or ask others, using the comments section below.
We will discuss Psalm 51 Wednesday night at 7 pm on Facebook Live and Zoom. Everyone is invited to join us!