1 Corinthians 15 is the Resurrection Chapter! If offers proof of Jesus resurrection and assures us of our own resurrection.
This will be a challenging study. It is a long and chapter and has some complicated parts. Keep in mind the main idea: The resurrection of Jesus assures us that we will be raised also. The key verse might be verse 20 – “But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep”.
Here are the main topics:
- Jesus was raised from the dead, 1-11.
- What if Jesus had not been raised? 12-34.
- What kind of body will we have in the next life? 35-58.
- As you read the chapter what problem does it sound like Paul is addressing?
- List at least 4 things that are true if Jesus was not raised from the dead? (12-19),
- What question is brought up in verse 35? Have you every wondered the same thing?
- What point is being made about the nature of our resurrection body in verses 44, 50, 53-55?
- The chapter promises us that we will someday be raised from the dead. What does this truth motivate us to be and do according to verse 58?
Feel free to comment on this chapter, answer these questions, or ask additional questions using the comments section below.
We will review this chapter on Wednesday September 2 at 7 pm on Facebook Live and Zoom. Everyone is invited to join us!